Wondering how many of you have went back to school?

I'm 53 yrs old and graduated high school in 1975 and wondering about going back to get my degree.

FibroMom1957

Asked by FibroMom1957 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in

• Oh, and going back to school was great for my self esteem too. There were so many classmates who asked me to help them after classes at the Library. I got all A's and my kids were so proud. It IS great to go back,let me tell you!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• How many of us have GONE BACK to school? I went back when I was 44 and majored in Accounting and Finance. It paid off when searching or a good job. Its never too late.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I will be 40 in a few days and I am returning to school this fall. It is never too late to learn something :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• U should go is never too late!!!! Yay
    Im 21 working on my BA its hard work w a toddler but I manage...
    Yay! I hope u do =)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I went back and then quit. It sounds bad but I got to thinking about the degree and asked myself where I would actually use it? It hit me as decoration rather than a necessity or anything useful. My currnt job I got beause of my personality and abilities and not due to any degree. They actually WANTED an untrained person so they could be the initial training and so that I would do things their way and not the way I was previously trained.
    My mom worked side by side with waitresses who had bachelor's degree's (and this was BEFORE the "recession").

So, since I didn't have an actual USE for the schooling, I quit.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• when searching or a good job
    ***********
    OOOPS> Missing a letter. "when searching for a good job"
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm 18 and am working on my BA...2 years left, maybe 2.5 and it's difficult with a baby. If you have the time and determination you can definitely get your degree.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thanks everyone. My biggest fear is that I have health issues and sometimes I dont think as clearly as I used to. Plus I'm afraid I wont be able to pass the classes, especially algebra. I hate math!
    FibroMom1957

Comment by FibroMom1957 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I got my masters at age 34. I was not the oldest in my class by far.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Some of my favorite people in my college classes were the older ones. They were much more interesting than the younger crowd. I already got my BA at 22 and my MS at 30, so idk if that counts as "back" to school. You can do it! Algebra is easy though. I love math!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010