My son has a rash on his legs

my 2/12 has a rash that is not red nor itches, I thought it was heat rash, and have been using Hydrocortisone wh ich is looking better but not sure what to do? anyone has similar problem?

momyannie

Asked by momyannie at 2:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• diagnosis a rash is usually more difficult than finding a needle in a haystack. If the cream is working, then no worries
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My 3-year-old just went through that. She suddendy had huge hives in large areas in different parts of her body. They came and went over a period of 4-5 days. I used the hydrocortisone and I gave her a tsp of children's benedryl. They would clear right up in about 15 mins. after taking the Benedryl. I can only presume that she came into contact with something she was allergic to. I hadn't changed her diet, lotions, detergent, etc. The only thing that was a variable was that I normally giver her organic milk, but I had to stop quick at the convenient store that week and all they had was regular milk. I'm thinking it was some hormone or additive in the reg. milk. Have you changed anything? Detergent, soap, diet, carpet, etc?
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• trying to figure that out, i thought it could have been detergent, but he goes to daycare so I'm sure it was there. I will try to give him benedryl. hoping that would make it go away. if not I iwll take him to see a DR. thank you so much
    momyannie

Comment by momyannie (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No prob momyannie! Just be sure to give your pediatrician's office a quick call to confirm b/c the dosage says (children under age 6, see doctor) or something like that. My Ped. said it was okay, but its prob wise to just give your Ped. a ring :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Zakysmommy, I just wanted to say thank you I gave my son Benadryl and it the rash cleared in 15m, thank you so so much I was super worried. thank god I joined this site. you guys are great!!!!!
    momyannie

Comment by momyannie (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Awesome! So glad it helped and your little one is feeling better :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Benadryl.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010