Okay now I feel even worse...

Yesterday I made a post about my LOs getting hurt a lot in less then 24 hours.
http://www.cafemom.com/answers/480848/I_feel_like_a_bad_mommy

Well my youngest has been sick for almost 2 weeks. It started out as a high grade fever, severe diarrhea, runny nose and a cough. I'm so use to his old primary care (we just moved 2 weeks ago) doctor saying wait out the cold, let the fever break it's self so I didn't take him to a doctor figuring it's just a small bug. Well yesterday I finally decided to make an appointment because my LO was so miserable. Lucky we got in the very next day (today). They told me he has a double ear infection. He's now on antibiotics and I need to give him Mortion to help with the pain. Why the hell did I let one clinic influence me not to take my baby in? I knew he needed to be checked but I'm just so use to being turned away. Now I really do feel like a bad mommy...... CONT

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know its hard not to feel horrible about it, I would too. But youre not a doctor, you had no way of knowing.And usually..waiting to see if something goes away on its own for a few days or seeing if it gets worse first is what most of us do before just running right into the doctors. Don't beat yourself up about it. YOu took him in, you took care of him....he's on the meds he needs now and will be gettign better soon. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with kimberlyinberea, unfortunately at that age we depend on other people to tell us what is wrong with our little ones. Its so easy as a mother to beat yourself over symptoms that you feel you should know but with our LOs sometimes it could be anything or nothing at all. Like she said the important thing is that now you know why he's been feeling sick and are able to help him. My LO was sick with cough/cold/runny nose for almost a month and was told by his ped that he would get over it...when the fever persisted that last week I finally took him into the hospital; my son has pneumonia! He was hospitalized for 3 days...I felt horrible, he was only 5 months old at the time, so it does happen! I hope your little one starts to feel better.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• CONT....
    Even the doctor said I shouldn't beat myself up over it because he may have not had the ear infection the entire time that it may have started out as a bug and then got an ear infection later but I still feel horrible.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010