• In the Spotlight:

spoiling her

my daughter is one and half months old and i think i have already spoiled she screams and screams and the only thing that makes her stop is holding her its instant pick her up stop put her down cry i thought it was ok to spoil till like 3 months wat do you think

mommynbabygirl

Asked by mommynbabygirl at 2:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is impossible to spoil a baby that young. My advice to you is to get a sling.
    francie024

Answer by francie024 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You can't spoil a baby...lol you could try a boucey seat or swing that feels like she is being held....My good friend used a boppy pillow to set her boy in.. he was the same way..GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 2:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i agree with the other posts...at that age you cannot spoil a child....it could be the scent of your clothes that is soothing her or maybe the closeness....try a bouncy chair and put one of you shirts or something with your smell on it...it will help her and you !

nikki.b.

Answer by nikki.b. at 2:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• it IS possible to spoil a baby that young. my DD is 10 weeks and i noticed that she only wanted to be rocked to sleep, nothing else. so i started letting her fuss herself to sleep recently and now i have no problem just laying her down in her bassinet and she fusses herself to sleep in no time. this is only when she FUSSES. if she's crying, i'll let her cry for about 5 minutes, cuz sometimes she finds her voice and cries for a minute and she's out like a light. but after 5 minutes then that means she's either hungry or needs something. GL.
    Anonymous

• yeah your not supposed to let a baby before three months cry it out for more than a minute. she isn't spoiled she just wants you to hold her because she still thinks she is a part of you. hold her as much as you can. it is good for her. she wont always want you to hold her. by the time she is sitting up she will be more independent. my girl is two now and i only wish she still wanted me to cuddle her.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• She is still new to the world and is comforted by you. She just wants you to comfort her. She is not spoiled she is just getting used to life. Try to sit her in a bouncy chair and let her watch you. She may be a little young for this yet though. My 3 month old likes to sit in her chair and watch me clean or cook.
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have a 2 month old and he loves to be held it is not spoiling them. It is teaching them trust by picking them up when they cry they know you will be there for them. Try swaddling her my son still likes to be swaddled they don't startle (sp) as much and rest better. I also use a front carrier. YOU CAN"T SPOIL THEM!!!!! Just love them bunches :-)
    small_wonder

Answer by small_wonder at 2:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• ok, my babies are 21, 18 and 9 - and here's my advice - hold them, rock them, put down your broom or dishes or whatever you are doing if they cry! It goes by SO FAST and you will never get those days back! So what if you have a baby who wants to be rocked to sleep every night. Believe me, you will miss those days when they are too big to sit on your lap anymore! Enjoy those little angels while you can and don't stress over the little things! Good luck!
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 2:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• do some reading.... it is IMPOSSIBLE to spoil a baby before 8-9 months old. They do not understand cause and effect, so therefore they can't become spoiled. They only have one way of communicating, and that is to cry. She NEEDS something and you are the mother, so you have to tend to her. Do not listen to the Anny post, that is WAY too young to CIO. You have to educate yourself and learn how to take care of you child. At this age, she could just simply be crying because she is lonely.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Some babies just need more attentio\
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2008