How do I stop my 2yr old from taking his poop filled diaper off and playing with it?

He only does it either during the night or first thing in the moring. He is soo quite about it and I don't get to him until he has already taken it off and played with it. He also just takes it off during the night when he just has a wet one and ever since he was small I always change him during the night so he is not in the same one all night. I don't know what to do. any thoughts?

jdpsmom08

Asked by jdpsmom08 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• duct tape his shirt to his pants - like a duct-tape belt. Or put him in a one piece that zips up or something that he can't remove. Seriously -- it's what I had to do with my son!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• oh no!!! I never had that issue. Maybe you can get pants on him that he can't take off over his diaper?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Maybe try Pull-Ups. Also, he may be ready to try potty training. He may realize his diaper is dirty and want it off, but then he plays in it b/c it's there.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LOL. I was going to say DUCT TAPE too.
    I remember those days....no fun. Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My DH did this when she figured out that she could take the diaper off! Ugh, we had a few incidents before I bought some masking tape and taped the diaper tabs. Memories ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• tried the pants and he takes them off and I also changed to pull ups so he could not just on do it but still having the same prob.
    as or the tape I could never do that lol and if it was not 95 out i would put him in a zip up. I know I have to do the potty thing soon but I dont think he is ready yet.
    jdpsmom08

Comment by jdpsmom08 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My best friend reinforced the tabs on the diaper with duct tape so her son couldn't take it off. It worked. Maybe get some XL onsies? They make them up to size 24 months.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would try the potty training, he may suprise you. He knows he is dirty and doesn't like it or would not be taking it off.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I know duct tape sounds like cruel and unusual punishment - but it really does WORK.

You can also try putting on his diaper backwards.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• really u think tape???
    jdpsmom08

Comment by jdpsmom08 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010