Can you suggest a book you are reading or have read

I like many different subjects, it can be fiction, historical fiction, biography, horror, mystery, political, anything?

kerryket

Asked by kerryket at 2:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• My Own Medicine
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 2:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The Thornbirds. Could not put it down when I read it.

From description online.............Set primarily on Drogheda, a fictional sheep station in the Australian outback, the story focuses on the Cleary family and spans the years 1915 to 1969.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I read the Left Behind series. It is IDK, a religious kind of fiction series. It is 12 books, obviously begins with the rapture, hence Left Behind being the first book. It kept me busy through my first pregnancy. I really like it, action, love, drama, mystery.
    Love The Time Travelers Wife, better than the movie.
    Wanda E Brunstetter wrote a series called The Brides of Webster County, not sure how many books there are. But they were okay.
    I loved Twilight series.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• When I read, it's usually the last 15 mins. before I fall asleep. So, I really enjoy easy reads that are exciting, but that I don't have to be fully awake to enjoy. I recently read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and I loved it! The 2nd book, Girl On Fire, was even better, and the 3rd book, Mockingjay, comes out this month. I can't wait. My husband likes very detailed books with a thick plot, but he picked up this series and enjoyed it just as much as I did :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Dean Koontz Odd Thomas series was great

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My favorite book of all time besides the Bible is REDEEMING LOVE by Francine Rivers. All her other books are great, too, but this one is my favorite.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The Shack, The Taking, The Anita Blake series, and Urban Shaman are my recent reads, The Taking was my favorite.
    RJsMom116

Answer by RJsMom116 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Linwood Barclay Books
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I really liked The Time Traveler's Wife. The same author wrote another book, Her Fearful Symmetry, it was really good too! For really easy, entertaining books, Nora Roberts is my favorite. The Donovan Legacy and the In the Garden series are really good.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I loved "left behind" series too.. It took me forever to pick up because at the time my very Christian friend refered it to me & i kinda was like "ugh" .... But really its a really good book & you dont have to be super religious to get tangled up into the huge series!

East of Eden By John Steinbeck is very good too! The ending got me!

I really enjoy Nickolas Sparks book..

Sadly the rest of the books Ive read these last few years are about pregnancy/nursing/birth/child development..

I love shelfari!!! it helps me remember what ive read & what i want to read.. here is my profile:
    http://www.shelfari.com/tashagwen
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010