I'm under soo much stress! Can you help me?

My printer isn't working, and I heavily rely on it to print money-saving coupons.

My carpets are so nasty that I cringe every time I walk on them.

I mop the floors, but they "magically" get yucky again soon after.

My bratty two year old is driving me insane. Every word out her mouth is "no".

My hair is a mess, and I've taken to wearing hats all the time.

The vacuum cleaner spews dirt all over the place.

I'm under sooo much stress!

Can you help me feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• Many libraries around here, anyway, have free computers that you can use there, and it costs a few cents per copy if you want to make any.

Realize that the "no" stage is just that, a stage. If you behave consistently toward her every time then she'll soon get over it.

If your vacuum bag needs changing then you can do that, if it is broken, watch for sales.

Get a shower and wash your hair and style it dry. You can do something with it so that it isn't a mess.

Deal with one problem at a time. Baby steps. When you start feeling stressed, breathe in slowly, exhale away tension, slowly. You can control how you react to stress. You can be a victim, or you can take action. Take action! :)

Answer by Bmat at 3:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Grab a lawn chair and a cocktail and go sit in the sun.

You won't see your hair, the floors, the carpet or the printer.. the vitamin D will do you some good.
    Take your 2yo with you... if you are somewhere hot, let her put on a swim suit and play in the hose.

Pretend you are somewhere wonderful and tropical for an hour and let it all go.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• When my printer refuses to turn on, I've discovered that unplugging and replugging all of the plugs to and from it helps. Especially the power plug to the electric plug, I unplug it, count to 15 and replug. This has always brought it back, so far. If it doesn't help yours, then watch sales, or as I said above, use the library's, or ask a neighbor if you can pay her say a quarter or so a page to use hers.

Answer by Bmat at 3:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm so sorry that things are not going well.

Take a break to play with your 2 year old. Just say the heck with everything else for a little while and sit on the floor and play. She would probably love some one on one time with you. Her saying no to everything is normal for her age.

Tackle each of the problems one at a time. Set your priorities and do the ones that are most important first. Just ideas.........Wish I could be of some real help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i think you should relax forget about everythign well eccept the lil one. maybe ask someone to watch her for a lil while. and forget about everything else just relax you can take a long bath or something once you are more relax then take everythign at one time. yu can take your printer to get fix or get a new one, about the carpet you can rentthe little machine to clean it or get someone to come and clean it for you. what i usually do is scrub it down until it gets clean again ( the mops also works). with kids even if you mop in a little while it eill go back to beign horrible you can try to get your family inside shoes to get into when you come inside the house so they wont be durty or just socks works to, you can go get your hair pretty its always a boost to feet preatty and sexy the vacum cleaner well i donno wbout that one mine does the same thing i tried cleaning is already but nothing hubby says it might be clogged up
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• somewhere so yeah i would have to look for that one and about your lil kid well i think once you relax with everything else that wont be a big deal you will have time to spend with her and you can try playing with her or somethign special with her i hope everythign works out i know the days like this are very hard but jsut take a deep breath and look at the posite theirs always somethign good in everything
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010