Is anyone else repulsed by overweight people?

There was a girl at work that told me she is just disgusted by overweight people and I just couldn't believe she would be that blunt and mean. I am not overweight but I struggle to stay skinny so I can relate to how easy it could be to become overweight and hard it is to eat healthy. That combined with health problems....I just don't understand how some people can be so inconsiderate!

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• um, have you been on cafemom long.. there are inconsiderate people everywhere
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No, I am not repulsed by overweight people. They are just people.
    The type of people that I am repulsed by are child molestors/murderers,rapists and sick demented people.
    I woldnt be repulsed by someone just over the way they look.
    Thats just childish and immature.
    She must have an issue with her own self esteem.Poor girl.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes it's really sad. I am also in the "in between" and I know how much I struggle being "in between". Some people are just very inconsiderate of others and their feelings. If I felt so strongly about something and I knew it may offend others I would keep it to myself.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My hubby can be really mean towards overweight people. When he was a teenager, he was pretty overweight. When he hit his 20s, he got in shape and made all the changes necessary to be healthy and active. He is disgusted with the people who just wallow in their obesity and don't do anything to fix the problem. Sometimes he's a little bit TOO harsh, though.

I do get a little bit frustrated with family or friends who refuse to see their obesity as a problem - as in, the type who joke about their big diets or who never take simple steps to be healthy. I just don't see why they don't care about their future. I never say anything to anyone about it, though.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I do get a little bit frustrated with family or friends who refuse to see their obesity as a problem - as in, the type who joke about their big diets or who never take simple steps to be healthy. I just don't see why they don't care about their future. I never say anything to anyone about it, though.

I can understand this also because my fiance's family are all overweight and seem pretty proud of the food they consume. My BIL eats so much that he always has the poops and drinks pepto bismal like its kool aide....sign of a problem? I think so but they don't seem to care...his wife is about the same weight also.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I am not repulsed by them, have a MAJOR fear of becoming fat and overweight.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• nope not repulsed.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My husband is. It angers me. I mean that my husband is so narrow.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No, I'm not. Some of the most overweight people I have known are the nicest people I have known. People who are "disgusted" are clearly judgmental and better hope they never have health problems that will cause them to be overweight.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• What size other people are doesn't bother me at all. People are mean the other way too though. I've always been skinny and hear rude comments from time to time. One lady was saying how disgusting it is to hug someone and feel their ribs. She probably wasn't even thinking about who she was talking too.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010