My daugter will be 9 months old on the 22nd and she has within the last week decided that she prefers food over formula. Is this normal?

She is doing great with he sippy and everything but for the past few days im lucky to get her to take even 3 bottles. Im glad she's eating more foods but she seems compeltly diverted from formula and i thought they should have it until they are 1 year? I've tried formula in the sippy and she still doesn't care about it. Ever since she was a baby i can only ever get her to drink 4 oz sometimes 6oz. The doctor has been ok with that. she just ate more often than other babies. But still she is on 4 oz and her intake of formula has gone from 5 bottles a day (2 weeks ago) to like i said 3.... is this normal? I dont wanna call the doc if i'm being silly about this. They are probably ready to block my number as is. Yes.... i'm a first time mom.

Charisma88

Asked by Charisma88 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh and please if you use the dd or so things idk what they mean so if you could translate that for me that would be wonderful.
    Charisma88

Comment by Charisma88 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son did the same thing. My doc told me as long as he was getting 16oz and wetting enough diapers he is fine, and he was :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Try not giving as much food maybe and offer the formula more. That would be my only solution.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would offer food only after she's had a bottle so that she gets the nutrition she needs.It is very normal for babies to cut back on nursing or their bottles once they get really into food, just make sure she's getting enough formula to stay healthy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010