what is downsydrone caused by

stosto

Asked by stosto at 2:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it is a chromosomal disorder caused by the presence of all or part of an extra 21st chromosome.
    sublime7713

Answer by sublime7713 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i forgot to add, i have a cousin with down syndrome, if you need any other information, please feel free to pm me.
    sublime7713

Answer by sublime7713 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• There is also an organization that you can contact to get more information. NORD its National Organization for Rare Disorders. Down Syndrome isn't rare (unfortunately) but they had some really good info for me when my daughter was diagnosed with DiGeorge Syndrome. I'll see if I can find the website for you and post it!
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• FOUND IT!! its: http://www.rarediseases.org
    You click on the rare disease database and enter Down Syndrome. It'll pull up either articles or reports for you or both.
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• chromosomal deficiency/ disorder...I had a baby that didn't make it because of it

TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008