Do you think 10 years between a couple is alot? I'm 39 & he's 30

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Naa.. My parents were (dad passed away) 10yrs & 1 day apart exactly --- my dad was the younger one..
    My dad was always mature for his age. hard working country boy & my mom has always looked about 15 yrs younger than she is..

I was a late child (mom was 38 when she had me).. but im sure alot of the young moms at my school were clueless about her age & jealous of her looks! LOL
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Not once people are 25 or older. And him being the younger one sounds awesome to me!! Enjoy and good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If you were 25 and he was 15, yes, but that's not the case. As you get older age really does become less important. The only time it usually comes up is when you talk about movies, music, and technology from when you were a kid. I was in a relationship that had a 16 year age difference. One of my best relationships and we're still very good friends.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 3:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No, not at all!!!! good for you!!!

Answer by older at 3:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• do I think so, yes. It kinda grosses me out.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm 30, DH is 37
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It depends upon the relationship. My mother and father in law have twenty years between them. I think ten years could be if you and your SO are not thinking on the same page.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes it is. Not saying it cannot work, but it's a pretty wide gap especially when the woman is older.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think 10 years is a lot, but there's nothing wrong with it. I'm 29 and my husband is 43. For some reason it seems a little stranger the other way, with the man being younger, probably because it's less common. But that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it or that it won't work.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• There were 10 years between my ex and I, he being the elder. THAT was not a factor in our relationship... it ended for other reasons.

There are 6 years between my SO and I, whom I have known for 14 years. Again, not a factor.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010