what would you say?

the other night my hubby was watching wrestling so I yelled down to him who wants to have sex?. He came running upwithin 5 mins! I was lying in the bed almost alsleep when he came up I said I just want to cuddle he got pissy and went down stairs. then the next day he says to me .."it is not like I am going to cheat on you, but you make me so mad!".. " we need to have sex more than once a month.
why would he even bring up cheating?
now heres alittle details that might help, first of all it is not once a month! maybe once a week!, also we have 3 kids who don't go to bed until after 9pm then our 2 yr old thinks she needs us to lay down with her until she falls alsleep. By the time everyone is sleeping it is 10pm. ((winters are earlier cause it is darker sooner) then we get up at 6am or ealier. All I want to do is sleep at the end of the day. was I wrong?!

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I really don't blame him for being mad..I mean you did say something about having sex and then he comes running and you turn him down. My husband would have been mad too! If you don't want to have sex, don't tease the poor man!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• um, yeah it was kind of crappy to offer sex then within five minutes not be willing, especially since you know he wants sex more often than he's getting it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think i was pretty screwed up to make him think you guys were going to have sex then 5 minutes later change your mind
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't think it was fair to offer sex and the not give him any. I don't think it means anything bringing up "I'm not going to cheat", other than to show he's upset about not getting enough sex.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LOL! that's funny, but if I was in his place I would not be happy with you doing that either (yelling down to him lets have sex thing, then he gets up there and nothin) I know for a fact my hubby would be pissed at me for that. All I can say is you have to make time for sex, even if you have to schedule it. If it is once a week then discuss that with him, tell him you are satisfied and don't feel like you can do more right now.
    RJsMom116

Answer by RJsMom116 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think the point he was making about cheating was that he isn't getting enough sexual attention and he isn't going to cheat, but you teasing him isn't fair
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yep. If you didn't mean it, you shouldn't have brought it up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• How about getting your kids used to going to bed yearlier? Also, your 2-year-old does not need you to lay with her every night until she falls asleep. She's old enough to get to sleep on her own but as long as you keep doing it, she'll keep expecting it.

And perhaps he just mentioned cheating because it has to do with sex but as so many therapists will tell you, guys are going to get it somewhere and you probably want it to be at home with you.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree. Why did you ask him to have sex if you weren't going to follow through? Kind of mean, if you ask me...
    WLJ23

Answer by WLJ23 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Maybe he shouldn't have said anything about cheating. Perhaps he was kidding, and you both say things you don't mean.
    Jupitery

Answer by Jupitery at 3:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010