Other BC methods? adult content

I came off of the pill 2 weeks ago because it was making me sick and bleed 3 weeks out of the month, so we decided together it was better for me to come off of it instead of being miserable and see if the BC was the problem. Well I FEEL GREAT! And I dont want to go back on it....
....BUT, DH doesnt want to have sex because he's afraid we will get pregnant EVEN using condoms.. I need help, because I want sex so bad and I don't want to go back on BC. We have been doing oral. So its not like Im not getting anything. But I am ready for some hot sweaty sex, lol. How can I ease his mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• No sex is the best BC
    Have you tried the IUD or ring?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Start charting your ovulation cycles
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The copper-tipped IUD doesn't have any hormones. I had good luck with it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Go with the Paraguard IUD. NO Hormones. You can keep it in for up up to ten years. It's a little uncomfortable (crampy) when it is first put in, but after a week or so, you don't feel it anymore. I've had mine in since my son was 6weeks and he's 4. As long as you aren't allergic to copper, I would highly reccommend it!!! :)
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You gotta try different BC because it's how people find the best one for them. BC sucks and I usually end up forgetting my BC pill but the ones I have are very forgiving. It's okay if I forget one or two days. The only best BC is no sex but if your guy is afraid to have sex with you. I would buy The Best condoms out there(cause I hate condoms) and make sure they give both of you benefits and suduce him. lol. I actually should go back on BC. I had them but went off of them and now we are having unprotected sex too. Just, everytime my bf looks like he is going to cum, I'm like "don't cum in me!" Lol. It usually works but not the most romantic. lol
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If you decide on any IUDs, you can still get pregnant they just cause miscarriage. Hormonal BCs cause heart problems, blood clots and heightened risk of cancer. Good luck on your decision.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It is not known how IUDS work, but they believe it makes the uterus inhospitable to sperm and kills them, makes it hard for a fertilized egg to implant so in a way it is causing a miscarriage to some people. All hormonal work about the same way though. I don't know of any form of birth control that stops the woman from ovulating so as long as the sperm are there it is possible to fertilize the egg and just not have it implant. You need to talk with your doctor because we don't know your medical history and things that could stop you from having any of the types. I have used the pill, patch, ring and non hormonal IUD and FAM. I hated the pill, and the patch gave me hives, the ring wasn't bad, but after the kids I couldn't handle the hormones. In between the 2 kids we used FAM and after #2 I got the Paragard IUD inserted and love it!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Should Mirena be removed if I get pregnant?

A: In the uncommon event you get pregnant while using Mirena, seek emergency care because pregnancy with an intrauterine device can be life threatening and may result in loss of pregnancy or fertility.

http://www.mirena-us.com/faqs/index.jsp#65

I don't know about you, aeneva, but I call LOSS OF PREGNANCY a miscarriage.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• natural family planning works well when people do it properly.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i can't do synthetic hormones either (hence the current pregnancy). i was able to tolerate mirena for a while (low dose) but am not sure what i will do after the baby is born. i'm considering the copper IUD and essure - both of which can have complications, but i KNOW i will have complications with anything else. do NOT take depo. and it sounds like you will want to stay away from synthetic hormones. don't let all the horror stories scare you (i should talk, i'm scared of essure) - most people don't have these complications. i can promise you that you know what doesn't work for you and that depo will be worse than the pill - that shit should be illegal. anyway... just explore your options with your gyno.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010