What's the worst advice you've ever taken?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• To flick my baby's cheek when he bit me while breastfeeding. I was young and I did it because I had 5 different people tell me to do it. I did it one time... NEVER AGAIN. The look my sweet little baby gave me broke my heart.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• To give baby a bottle because he wasn't getting enough milk. When actually, he was getting plenty, just going through a growth spurt and needed to eat more.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My mom told me to get IV meds when giving birth if I felt the pain was too much (i was being induced with pitocin). I regretted it. Wish I had stuck it out that last 15 minutes without meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• To stop breastfeed my baby because he has a reaction on breast milk. in fact maybe he just had a reaction on what I ate, not on my milk in general. I didn't make the same mistake with my second baby.
    ilana_ny

Answer by ilana_ny at 4:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No to sue after being rearended while pregnant with our older daughter. We were young and MIL convinced us it wasn't right. The guy who hit us tried to convince us to leave the scene so he wouldn't miss his oil change appointment at the dealership. He didn't even want to cover a hospital visit to get the baby checked out - I was 7 months pregnant at the time. We were really struggling back then and even a little extra would have really helped out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2010