If you don't recognize the number on your caller ID, do you answer?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no, because they are usually telemarketers. If it is important, they will leave a voice message.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Depends if it's an 800 number. If it is then i don't.
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 3:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes, just out of curiosity. The ones I don't usually answer are the #'s I know!! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yeah, sometimes it's a Dr.'s office calling from a different number than the one I have saved. But sometimes I regret answering because it's those stupid window sellers that I stupidly signed up for to get a quote.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Depends on if I am working or if I feel like answering the phone. I figure I have an answering machine for a reason... to take all 'unwanted' calls.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Usually no, I figure they'll leave a message.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Generally no, but if I am expecting a call or think I might know who it is then I will. Sometimes I get caught and it is someone I don't want to talk to, solicitor or such and I pretend to be the babysitter.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The only people that call our house are 800 numbers and my inlaws. The 800 numbers are for some person that used to have the number before us so no we dont answer we let the machine get it
    kvaneyk

Answer by kvaneyk at 4:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Nope, we do not. The times I have answered thinking it was important it was someone wanting donation. Those people can't take no for an answer or they can't take " I've already donated"....

lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Cell phone, yes, home phone no. 9 times out of 10 its some charity, poll, or collection agency for the people who owned the house before us.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010