Do you know the rule for notarizing?

Do you know the rule for notarizing? I became a public notary I just don't know what is legal and what is not. if you know a web site or tips please help Thank you lady for all your help!!!!

elisabellaguna

Asked by elisabellaguna at 4:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can find information as to the witnessing documents for the I-9 form on the Department of Homeland Security. I found that out the other day. You, as a Notary, can witness viewing the documents needed, and there is a Notary form you need to print out to do so on that website.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Maybe this will help...

http://www.nationalnotary.org/
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You need to contact your state - the rules and process vary from state to state. I am a notary in IN, but I cannot notarize MI documents, for example. There are some general guidelines but you really need to find out what the exact rules are in your state before you do anything.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Surprised you became a Notary with no training but I think it is different from state to state. In California, we must undergoe mandatory training and testing every 4 years (I believe ...)

Do check nationalnotary.org as BobbieJo286 suggests.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You should have gotten all that information with you stamp and packet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• They didn't give me any information I call them and they never answer; It just say leave your name and number and well get back to you but I haven't receive any calls. That's why I'm asking for anyone that Is a public notory were did you get your information!!!
    elisabellaguna

Comment by elisabellaguna (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• As far as general knowledge goes, I know you are supposed to have people sign and date the little book they give you when you notorize something. And obviously you have to see them sign whatever it is you're notorizing.

I am not a notary, but I have to get things notorized for work frequently and that's what our in-house notary does. : )

Like anonymous said, you should have gotten in-depth info when you became an official notary.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I know I think I am going to have to go and talk to them in person!!!!!
    elisabellaguna

Comment by elisabellaguna (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010