ideas to help make a picky 12 drink more water & eat better

my son would rather get sick than drink water what can i do other than the stand in front of him like a drill sargent and force it down his throat. we live in virginia and it is very hot all we keep is water milk and juice. i dont let them get but one sweet drink a day like soda or koolaid. my older 2 are 15-20 lbs over weight and i have to keep at them since they dont move much. he lives with his dad so when i have him i dont want to spend all my time fighting about making him be healthy. if we have something he doesnt like he will flat out refuse and has gone hungry because i woulnt let him make ramen noodle or pizza snacks

bzyblondmomof5

Asked by bzyblondmomof5 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My only suggestion is to keep doing what you're doing. I know it's frustrating. : ( Good for you for trying to do something to make a difference, though.

The best thing to do is to hold to your guns. Eventually he'll crack at least a little. If not, he'll learn that he just can't eat crap at your house. Hope you get through to him soon!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i just hate feeling like all i do is fight with him when he is here i only get to see him everyother weekend and holidays. it kills me that his dad doesnt care and my son is ballooning up and we all know weight issues cause health problems.
    bzyblondmomof5

Comment by bzyblondmomof5 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Look into Juice Plus childrens gummies. They taste AMAZING! It's 17 different fruits and vegetables in a yummy gummy or a capsule. You may still struggle with the "picky eating" but you'll know he is getting whole food based nutrients. Sneaky? Yes, but it works to improve the status of your childs nutrition and they are delicious. (Be careful not to eat the whole bag at once). Oh, Kids ages 4 -18 can get Juice Plus for free with a sponsering adult so two for the price of one order. Contact me if you'd like to know more. This may be just what you need for for own peace of mind.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2010