How do I feel like a woman again, and not just a mom?

I feel like I'm just a mom now, I work full time, go home and make dinner, clean, get the kids ready for bed, clean some more, and it goes on and on. When I have days off, I'm cleaning, running after the kids, making lunch, doing laundry, all the normal chores I'm sure we all do. It's just I don't feel like a woman anymore lol, if that makes sense. I don't have time to do my makeup anymore, let alone my hair. I don't dress up nice like I used to, and have tons of cute shoes that I don't wear anymore (because really, how can I keep up with the kids if I'm trying to chase them around in heels lol). I love being a mommy, but sometimes I just want to feel like a girl again. Any suggestions? I feel like I forgot how to be one! LOL! AARGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I say get a babysitter, get dressed up and go out on a real date with your hubby. It'll be worth it for all of you. You'll come back refreshed from the date and be ready to go back to being Mom again. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 4:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You need some more girl time or just a date with your husband Get dress up and go have fun. I feel like that sometimes and I on;y have one baby lol so I know it's hard. Why don't you try waking up at least 30 min before the kids and put some make up up or do your nail just some me time!!!! Good luck girl wish you the best>.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 4:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• In my opinion, this is your first mistake: "have tons of cute shoes that I don't wear anymore" LOL.

NOTHING makes me feel better than putting on some GREAT shoes. And I incorporate that into my routine. It's not terribly sensible, but sometimes I get dressed nicely, makeup, hair, nice (but not too dressy) outfit - the whole shabang - and go to the grocery store. I push that cart down the aisle like it's a runway.

The words "mommy" and "woman" are rather harmonious. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yeah, arrange for some me time, and go all out on an outfit, perfume and shoes and don't forget make up and hair!!!! you are still a woman under those t-shirts and mommie gear, show it off!

Answer by older at 4:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Take the time for yourself. It can take like 1 minute to slap on some blush and mascara. YOU have to make yourself feel like a woman again! Wear your heels out, don't save them for some special occasion! I know you're chasing kids around, but you can move in heels too! Or just put them on to go to the grocery store. It's not about what others think of you, it's how you feel! Another way to get out of mommy mode is to go out on a date night. Go the whole nine yards and don't forget the sex at the end of the night! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010