Has Anyone had the Nova Sure Procedure? adult content

I have really heavy periods, my Gyno recommended that I have this done. (I'm 40, we're not having any more children). It doesn't sound too bad (not near as invasive as a D&C), just curious what other ladies results were? Doc said that I may end up with no, or very light periods after the procedure.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 4:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• I had it done 4 yrs ago. Was a piece of cake and I have not had a period since.
    I have a friend who had it done and she was not so lucky. Periods are lighter but she still has them.
    Stats say 80% of women never have another period though. Go for it!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't even know what that is but if it would help a period out then heck yes I would do it. LOL.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have. I had my tubes tied and after that I had heavy periods that lasted for 2 weeks! I went in in the morning around 7 and was out by 12. My doctor did a D&C first though because there was too much build up. It barely hurt at all after, just a little mild cramping, if you are really active take it easy at first because you will have more cramping than if you relax. The best part? I haven't had a period in 4 years!!!!!!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 6:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thank you! It sounded simple enough, but I didn't know anyone who had even heard of it before. I'm waiting to find out if I have to have it done in the hospital or docs office depending on our insurance.
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010