Is my house hunted?

I know its silly, we live in remodled apartment complex that used to be a old folks home! Any way weird stuff has been happening, Like I thought some people were comeing in to my apt and steeling but, my huge jesus picture was litterally taken off my wall and gone also my broom was gone...any way i was cleaning out a closet and i found it in there all the way in the back with a sheet over it, i asked my dh if he did it and he says no. Also last night i thought MAN i could have swore i felt something touch my hair i woke up but dh was asleep. It spooked me i was awake late bc of it! also our balcony door is always shut and locked at night but this morn when i woke up it was wide open along with the screen door and on of my porch chairs was thrown off the balcony, we live 3 floors up! WTF is going on? I aske my dh if he was just tryin to kid me, he says no!

I posted this last night too but i want more opinions its scareing me

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I answered you earlier, but I didn't have a whole lot of time so here I am again.

The FIRST thing that people need to understand is there are different kinds of hauntings. Active or Intelligent Hauntings and Residual Hauntings. In most cases hauntings are residual and compounded by our imaginations. However, in cases such as this I would say you most likely have a combination of both Active and Residual Hauntings BOTH of which are most likely being compounded by your fears and imagination. Once we start to think "haunted" our minds will find things to blame on a ghost, even when there are more mundane things causing the issues.

The FIRST thing you need to do is focus on keeping a clear mind and try to look for mundane reasons on why things happen. That will help to rule out some normal things and help you to focus on what is actually being caused by paranormal energies.

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I vote yes, and it's time to bring in an expert.
    FemaleRacer

Answer by FemaleRacer at 4:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't know if you are religious but I had similar things happen to our house.

My son would see people (some scary looking) in his bedroom.

I spoke to someone who told me to take epsom salt or table salt and literally pour it all around the perimeters of the house. I also pour salt on the inside of the closet doorways and said "In the name of the father,son and the holy spirit). Keep your toilet seat closed. I know it sounds silly, but it worked. I was told spirits use doorways and drains as portholes to enter a place.

I was also told some of these spirits were good, some not.

It has been about a 6 months since my son has seen things.

My husband used to sit on our covered back patio at night and sometimes he said he felt like someone was looking over his shoulders and got chills.

I hope you don't think I made this up, it is true.

Good luck and God Bless.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• There are no such things as spirits. No such things as ghosts. Nothing.

If you want attention, this is not the best way to get it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Um excues me, i do not want attention....back b4 i put a post up sayying that i thought some one was stealing from me.....but when i found the stuff i know someone dident steal. Now if u dont like it dont read it, Get to moving on thank!
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sounds like someone is trying to screw with you. My first suspicion would be the hubby, and he's just too chickensh*t to tell you.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Second, do some research on the building, find out if there are "extra" reasons for hauntings beyond the fact that it was an old folks home. Were there any extreme cases or were there any cases of abuse or neglect? When people are going through extreme times of emotion, we give off highly emotional energy, this doesn't change because we are elderly or sick. And it's this energy, that when not focused or cleansed it becomes something which manifests in the form of a residual haunting. The sound of footsteps, images of people walking, sitting, standing or dancing without any recognition of the world around them, chances are it's residual. These entities and energies simply need to be cleansed or removed and it's not really hard to do... Although it may take some practice and/or research on your part.

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• obbey- BITCH much?? you must be one smart woman to know everything! unless your dead and gone yourself.. you don't know what could be out there...but i know in real life ur answer was very BITCHY
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thirdly, IF you feel you are in the midst of an Active/Intelligent Haunting you will do best to research and try to pinpoint who could be there and why they would be there. In most cases these remaining entities simply haven't passed on, but aren't necessarily trying to be scary. Communicating with Intelligent Entities is not difficult and doesn't take much equipment or practice. Ridding yourself of something like this is a bit more complicated depending on who you're or what you're dealing with and why they are remaining in this realm... However, again, with a little practice or even some outside help, it doesn't need to be complicated. In most cases entities aren't here to frighten us or harm us... And it's rare that you would have any cause to be afraid...

PM me if you need to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yeah you need to check that out who is certified in that hauntings things
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010