Has anyone every tried an at home fetal dopler heart monitor? Any good sugestions?

sabraham82

Asked by sabraham82 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's been my experience that overall they are trash and essentially a waste of money if you buy the cheapo's. The good ones are better, but much more $.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sonotrax basic, fetal doppler baby heart monitor for $149 is what I was looking into. It says as early as 8 weeks and I am a little over that...
    sabraham82

Comment by sabraham82 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I bought one but it didn't work very well. :( I had to listen super hard to hear the heart beat and the headphones made it even harder.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• memigen which one did you buy?
    sabraham82

Comment by sabraham82 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We had one and I never could get it to work. DD was really squirmy and didn't even like the one hte midwife had. I read the packaging and it said it wasn't really effective until 7 or 8 months anyways. 7
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i had bought a $30 fisher price baby monitor set that you pressed it to your belly and hooked up the head phones and it worked great. that was 8 years ago i dont know if they still sell them but husband loved it since he couldnt always feel the movements or go with me to the apts. he felt connected
    bzyblondmomof5

Answer by bzyblondmomof5 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• by the time i got it i was further along so i dont know if it worked earlier in pregnancy
    bzyblondmomof5

Answer by bzyblondmomof5 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I had one with my last pregnancy. I loved it - it was identical to the ones they have at the doctors office. I rented it, it costs $19/month, well worth the money. (I had a lot of complications and on bedrest, it saved my sanity.) The ones you buy for $30 aren't worth the money, they aren't sensitive enough to detect much until the bay is large enough so you can see/feel them moving. (Unless you get really, really lucky with the baby's position.) I think the company was called "HeartBeats."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I just got a fetal stethoscope because they are completely safe to use constantly. Doppler uses ultrasound and studies show increased complications with increased use of ultrasound.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• This one? http://www.echostore.com/sonotrax-basic.html

Lemme see if I can find some reviews.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010