Runny Nose?

Ok, so my daughter has a cold, i called her doctor and they said to keep giving her tylenol, and using the steamer, but not to take her in to the doctor unless she had the cold for over 2 weeks. Is there anything i can do to help her runny nose, because that is her only symptom. She is teething so she gets a slight fever occasionally but no cough or anything. anyone wanna offer some advice on what i can do to help her?

clarasmommy08

Asked by clarasmommy08 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can use saline nose drops for infants and the nose sucker. That helps to dry it up a little. You can also try inclining the head of her crib/bassinet to help with the drainage. Hope she feels better soon!
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 2:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I use Little Noses Saline Drops and than the booger sucker right after you squirt it up there and that helps ALOT!!! She hates it but no more stuffiness for a couple of hours until you have to do it again.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 2:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Just the nasle asperator, the salene drops are more for the hard chunks. If it helps, just remember that every bit of stuff that comes out of her nose, is her body getting rid of those germs. I kept remembering that every time a big bubble would come out of my sons nose (he just got over his cold). I asked the ped. about homiopathis remedies, and he said not to give them to him. He said just because they are natural doesn't make them safe. He used the example that sionide is natural. Scary stuff. So just incase you see them in the store, I would suggest not getting them.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 3:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2008