marina birth control/bad side affects

after my son now 2 was born we chose to us the marina birth control, near his 2nd birthday we chose to try for another baby. well that was 3 months ago. on Friday the 6th of this month i got up and took a prego test, it should up positive, me and my DH were so happy. well on Monday i had a blood test done for a 100%. then last night i found out i lost the baby.... as much as it hurts i need a few more people to talk to me about there. has any one else had problems after taking out there marina. i know others had problems with it in and it can do some bad things but is this one of them? please some one help, we are vary up set over this and i need to know more before i think i can tray again.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 4:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• Other people have said if you get preggo too quickly after removal it could result in a misscarriage or chemical pregnancy. But my doctor said that's not true. I got preggo 9 days after removal and had a healthy son who is now 10 months.
    I just got mine taken out last friday and am trying for another baby now. So even though it was good the first time I still worry. PM me for more info and we can talk.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I didn't have any problems when mine was removed.. so sorry for your loss
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't have any experience with this but I did give you a bump... hopefully someone knows. Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Nope,  no problems and I've had mine for almost 2 months now.  My doctor said that miscarriage with Mirena was rare.  Sorry for your loss.

leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• im so sorry for your loss i knwon it can be really hard i had one before and it was devastating. mine was just a spontanious miscarrige i didnt have the mirena yet. now after myy second baby i got it on and well according to my dr she said that as soon as i get it removed i can get pregnant as soon as i want.since the hormones are going directly into our system only a small amout so as soon as you get it removed theirs nothing else giving extra hormones so everythign goes backt o nromal and you can get pregnant as soon as posible. miscarriges are very common with or withough birthcontrol. but if you still want to conceive than you can start taking prenatal vitamins from now and you have to wait atleast 3 months. i hope you feel better
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2010