About a tattoo placement

I am getting a tattoo done on Saturday the 14th. Its going to be 3 butterflies (to represent my little family) I wanted to get it done on the side of my back but then my SO said that he thought it would look good with it going up my spine (I'll be adding on when we have more children) So I would like your suggestions or ideas. Please! Thanks all

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 5:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'd go down the spine, in between my shoulder blades with something like that (and no, ladies. getting ink on your spine doesn't hurt that bad).
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Back is better, spine sounds like it would hurt really bad. That's what I would do, and it also gives room to grow should you need to. It makes it easier to add without looking too funny.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 5:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• the three butterlfies might look nice center, lower spine. you know the tramp stamp location. i have a sorta tribal design there. the only bad part is i tend to forget it is there and rarely see it. lol but if you plan on adding on it the future you can probably get away with it anywhere and then have work done off of that.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 5:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My mom says it hurts worse the closer it is to a bone (i.e., spine, shoulder blade, etc.). Something to think about if it makes a difference to you. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Personally, for that I would probably put in on my calf. But, since you're putting it on your back, I agree that centered somewhere would look better.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Okay thanks all :]
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Going up your spine would be nice, but painful. What about your side?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well I have a high pain tolerance. Sooooo I'm thinking maybe I will have it up my spine. I'll let you guys know what I decide and post pics!
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have one in the tramp stamp zone. LOL The artist did hit my spine a couple of times, but it didn't hurt. It just sent a tingle up my spine. I think if you have a higher pain tolerance, centered on the spine would be lovely.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well Ladies I got it done! I'll be putting up a picture on my profile. Hope you all like it as much as I do!
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010