Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO's Sons are Driving Me Crazy! Need Help!

These grown men (ages 20 & 26) come here each weekend to PARTY with their 200 idotic friends. During the week one attends college and they stay with their g-parents. They destroy the house and I do mean DESTROY each weekend! Beer cans and beer bottles everywhere; they leave their dirty socks, dishes and trash everywhere! They cook food at all hours of the night and leave a HUGE mess! Then come Monday morning they up and leave. It takes me all week to clean the house. My dd can't even walk on the floors here.

SO will not say anything to them; they are being normal boys he keeps saying and I am overreacting. I'm taking all dishes, pots and pans out of the kitchen today. Other than leaving what on earth can I do to get thru to these idiots??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • refuse to allow their friends over the 20 year old shouldn't be drinking anyway. or may be refuse to clean it up. keep your room and dd room clran and spend the next week in there refuse to do dishes or anything. when dh has to clean it uo he may change his tune.

    Answer by Lyndall at 2:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • I agree with Lyndall. I would leave it for them to clean. I'm 24 I don't act like that!!!! Also, I was living on my own at 18 while I went to school. They need their own place. My dad once called the cops on my brother when he was having a party underage. He never had another one after that. You should leave and call the cops on them. Maybe they'll get the point then!

    Answer by Kenzies_momma at 2:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • I would not allow them to come home unless they can pick up after themselves, obviously their dad hasn't taught them a damn thing. If this happens again I would grab my daughter and leave and tell your SO when he and his lazy ass sons clean the house you will be back.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • This is your s/o's children right? he's not your dh, right? Then leave..simple...why get yourself frustrated over grown men that are capable of being responsible enough to clean their own mess up? Sounds as if s/o has allowed his grown children to use you as thier maid...

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • Go on strike! Or better yet tell your SO you will be at the Hilton with the DH until he realizes you are not living in a frat house. You are not the maid. Let him live in squalor if he wants but you are grown and deserve better...It is you or them!

    Answer by salexander at 4:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • I think you're stuck. Keep cleaning, you have no choice. You can put on music to listen to while you're cleaning up their food mess. Its not so bad.

    By the way, can I party with them? lol

    Answer by krnrobey at 8:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • KRNROBEY - Shut the Fuck Up!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • Well keep in mind that if the cops show up with underage drinking there you can be in trouble, as well has it wont look good for you having your young child there. I would leave and turn the party into the cops, and let your SO get charged. Our laws state that who ever is over 21 gets charged for allowing the underage drinking. Whos house is it? Yours, SO or together? If it's your house I would tell them they are no longer welcome there. My brother is 22 and I am 29 we would NEVER act like that

    Answer by Med109 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.