• In the Spotlight:

I just took a pregnancy test and am looking for a place that will be able to tell me how pregnant I am. I am on my parents insurance and I need time to figure out a way to tell them that I am pregnant. Does anyone know of a pregnancy center that can give me that info that I can go to without insurance?

I live in akron, ohio. so anywhere close would be great!

donia22

Asked by donia22 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Planned parenthood but it is always best to tell ur parents right away. I was 17 when i got preggo and told my dad right away.He was very mad for about 10min then he got over it and helped me out.
    Anonymous

• mayebe planned parenthood
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 2:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• planned parenthood.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• The health department can tell you how far along you are and provide you with medicaid even if your on your parents ins. You should probably tell them soon, they may not have maternity ins.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Is there not a planned parenthood office or a health department near you?
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• google pregnancy calculator, you'll be able to put in your last period date and it will tell you how far along you are and your expected due date. Good luck!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You can get a pretty good guesstimate from online pregnancy calculators if you know the date of your last period.
    http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/pregnancycalculator.asp

You can go to Planned Parenthood without insurance. They provide pregnancy services as well as birth control etc.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• just count it off your last period. they are just going to figure it off that.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Try planned parenthood or your local health department. You should tell your parents. I too was a teen mom and I had to tell my dad who was mad for a couple of days and then too got over it. He loves his twin grand-daughters to death now. Oh and your parents medical insurance may not cover your pregnancy being that you are not a spouse so you might have to apply for medicaid. I know that's how it worked for me and my dads medical insurance.
    Anonymous

• Like the others, Planned Parenthood. If you can't find that, go to your county's Health dept. they will point you in the right direction. Take a friend, that way you won't feel so alone, and you may (or may not) have a wait awile, you'll have someone to talk to. But, tell mom and dad soon, and if you get to the health dept before you tell them, you might look (and feel) more responsible than they think. They'll be mad, but they'll get over it pretty quickly.
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008