Fed up with neighbors dog!!! UGGGGHHH

I have a neighbor who has a male chihuahua who likes to pee on our vehicle tires. I know this is a normal behavior for male dogs as i have a male chihuahua myself however when i take him out he is on a leash so i can keep an eye on him. Anyway, our neighbor has been asked more times than can me counted to keep her dog in her yard (2 houses down). She lets him out early in the morning so as we dont "catch" him in our yard but when there is pee running down the tires from a low level we know it is not from a bigger dog. My husband is ready to take matters into his own hands with this dog. Are we being petty for wanting to have our stuff clean. There is a leash law in our state (dogs can run at large on 1+acres as long as stay on our land). Should i call animal control or deal with this ourselves.

sahm2kateli

Asked by sahm2kateli at 5:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Catch the dog and take him to the shelter.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 5:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You've done what you can as far as taking care of it yourself ~ short of doing something illegal or cruel.

If it were 'me' I would buy a power nozzle for my hose (and a hose if I didn't have one) and get up early for a few mornings. Whatever dog was roaming around my tires would go home terribly wet and annoyed. In any case, one or two good soakings would give the dog an incentive to stay home or find some dryer tires without causing any injury.

And, the look on it's face would more than make up for the inconvenience of getting up early.

On the other hand, I know for a fact that my tires get dirty every time I drive somewhere. I don't really consider them something to keep clean as a rule ... but I live on a farm without a paved driveway. You do have a right to want your things clean ~ and to expect people to keep their animals under control regardless of anything else.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Call animal control. They may not actually do anything but talk to the dogs owners, but at least then they'll be a record of it if it destroys anything. And perhaps maybe the owners will realize they can't just let the dog run unleashed on other people's property and start taking care of the dog properly. Maybe it'll be just enough of a scare to put a stop to it. Good luck :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• where i lived before this dog was doing the same thing until i got tired so i kind start watching when he came and scare the crap out of him with those buzzer never came back

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would call animal control. Or hang out waiting with a hose and give him a good squirt with the water hose.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Spray him with the Hose, i have been doing that to a Cat that keeps coming in the yard to Fight with mine- i didn't really spray him i just sprayed it in the Air & i haven't seen him in a couple of weeks!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• get an air horn and when you see that little terd sound the horn off im sure it will really scare the pee outta him..lol..but before i would call animal control i would at least tell the lady to control her dog or you would be more than happy to help her control him by calling animal control for her..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My answers to your questions...........call animal control, and I don't mean to sound rude at all ,but yes are being a little petty. Like someone else said...........your tires get dirty when you drive them and who knows what is in a puddle of water you drive through.

I do wish you Good Luck.

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would stand out ther with teh water hose and hose him and the car off!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would spray the owner down with a hose whenever I saw her..
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 9:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010