Eventually my son will sleep & my hubby will find me attractive right?

We are seven weeks into having our first baby. He's adorable but refuses to sleep. I'm exhausted but hopeful it will start to change. I'm also hoping that my husband will look at me & think "Damn she's sexy" one day very soon or I'm gonna go insane.

nil17

Asked by nil17 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never give up hope!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yup! Seven weeks isn't long, really. You may be able now to get in a naptime, late day shower and get a little girly before your man gets home. Then flirt with him all evening and next time baby sleeps, find a place where you won't wake him to... umm...reconnect. Good luck, all great things in time!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• He probably still thinks you are sexy....it is just us that don't feel attractive. And who can blame us? We just went thru all of that, gained weight and our babies changed dramatically.

Most moms aren't even back to work yet by the 7 week mark. Baby will start sleeping on more of a schedule soon & you will be more rested & have more time to bring your sexy back!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• 7 weeks?!? It's normal for kids to wake at night until they are 3 or older. If they are breastfeeding they may still breastfeed at night. That's what humans have always done, it's hardwired in the brain.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Eventually he WILL sleep. As to your husband...unless you're psychic you can't know that he's not thinking that EVERY SECOND. In the absence of him telling you something horrifically insulting like "You're a fat cow" (and if he does you may use my baseball bat liberally on him...it's red aluminum so the blood won't show and if he does call you names there's no gray matter to worry about)...OK, digression aside... if he's not saying that, assume he IS thinking you're sexy.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my babies is 4 months and everytime my husband and i so much as kiss she will wake up and start fussing (i swear she knows) so now its almost a game to hurry up and have alone time whenever we can get her to sleep before we go to bed - wether we are tired or not - its working out really well.
    newmama321

Answer by newmama321 at 2:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Your son will sleep soon and your husband will find you sexy.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thanks for all the answers ladies! I know 7 weeks isn't that old but I was hoping he'd sleep sometime during a 24 hour period (whether night or day). So far there are days where he simply refuses to close his eyes. Thank goodness for the swing 'cuz at least he will be quiet. As for Hubby--he certainly hasn't called me any nasty names so I won't be needing your bat @gdiamante. :)
    Crossing my fingers that we will find alone time by the end of the month...I'd really like to celebrate our 8th anniversary w/o wearing sweats.
    nil17

Comment by nil17 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010