Have you heard about the new sickness NDM1 ?

Just on the news today. Seems it's coming from tourists to Britain from Pakistan and India. Due to International Travel they expect it to spread and AGAIN, they say no meds to cure. It's just never ending with these deseases. Does this scare you to travel, or even go out? I don't travel much, and I just try to stay out of crowded Malls, but we have to get out. Just something else to worry us to death, if we don't get the desease first.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• The sad truth is that basic hand washing would prevent the spread of the 'super bugs' and even in most hospitals it isn't practiced. Hand sanitizer won't do it if it isn't done properly, but soap and water will.

In the past two years I've cared for two people through two surgeries and watched in amazement as nurses came in and went to check IVs or give shots without washing their hands first ~ and had no sympathy for their looks of anger/astonishment when I insisted they do so. Get over it, I grew up with a nurse.

People are so LAZY today, and I will NOT tolerate lazy nurses and/or doctors. They are the ones who are supposed to heal, not harm.

I figure that we aren't ever going to run out of diseases or people who just have to travel to odd places. It's their choice, but it's a shame that society has to pay for it. Wash your hands, and if you have someone in the hospital make sure the personnel do as well.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• What is it, a flu strain? Roche must have not made enough money in the manufactured H1N1 scare.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Not really. Swine Flu was supposed to kill us all, before that Avian flu, before that no vaccinations. Just the media sinking it's teeth into another panic.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/ndm-1-new-superbug-gene-c_n_678427.html

And this is why we have to stop with all the anti bacterial mania and stop giving antibiotics for every little sniffle.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I"m not going to worry about it. Get out in the fresh air and sunshine, and dig in the garden. Play with your dog, pet a cow. Let your body develop some good antibodies, and you'll be fine. The only people that really have to worry about this, really, are those with compromised immune systems.
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• ok, here is the deal with ALL VIRUSES!!!!
    They can only make you "sick" if your body is run down or weak.
    when you eat well, sleep well, love well, work well, play well, pray well and see your chiropractor regularly you do not fear the latest bugs, germs, flus, colds...whatever!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Right on Farmlady, and you don't need the antibacterial soap either. Just soap and water will do.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with many of you!! You need to be"out and about" to build up antibodies to germs. Attempting to avoid them actually makes you more susceptible and if you do contract the virus, sicker as your body will not have built up the defense to fight the virus effectively!

I fear for the children I see in grocery stores that have those special shopping cart pads to limit germ exposure from the cart, and their moms are forever chasing after them with antibacterial wipes, lotions and potions. They're the ones who are going to be the first ones negatively affected by a viral outbreak. :o(
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• it scares me with all this things but all we can do is try good hygiene and well we dont really go out into crowds and stuff but you knwo how kids are they love sharing germs
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010