(For the WINE DRINKERS) I just started drinking wine and there is a million types of wines! What white wine is the sweetest? I keep buying the wrong thing! Thanks!

Any recommendations for a very sweet tasting wine?

kendralyn08

Asked by kendralyn08 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• * Riunite Lambrusco & Franzia chillable red are my favorite reds as well!!
    Specific whites that you may do alright with? Reisling - very sweet & fruity. If you find a bottle that sais "a white table wine" and thats the definition on the front you're doing good - someone else mentioned it will say on the front dry, semi-dry, or semi-sweet. start cheap though so you can figure out differences and then explore more expensive bottles - also, are there any wineries near you? If all else fails - check out fruity/desert wines!
    newmama321

Answer by newmama321 at 3:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Moscato Di Asti - Yum Yum!
    Kaleiza

Answer by Kaleiza at 5:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I've decided that I like sweet red wines better. My favorite are Ruinite Lambrusco (slightly effervescent = fizzy) and Franzia Chillable Red (it comes in a box and lasts forever - I spend $13 every two months).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 5:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I only like sweet sweet wines (I HATE those bitter wines where you can taste the alcohol). After a year of all my friends having me taste their wine (because it was the best you see...lol) I took a sip of Arbor Mist and it was DELISH!! I was shocked that I liked it and it is only 5 dollars a bottle and can get it at Wal-mart. I love the Arbor Mist and even their dark wines (though my least fave of the Arbor Mist wines...still a tad bitter tasting) are tolerable for me to drink. Give it try!! It's only 5 dolleroos!! lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• A very white wine, I know that much. I forgot the name, but, it tasted like White Grape juice with a teeny kick.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If you want a sweet wine, try a white wine. Most of those are sweet (and make sure you buy sweet, and not dry). Although, when some people complain about it not being sweet enough, it's usually too sweet. Try a semi sweet are semi dry. That might excite your taste buds a little bit more.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 5:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• the taller and thinner the bottle, the sweeter the wine.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I've not found a white wine that is sweet enough for me. I prefer red. The sweetest one I've found so far is pretty cheap (but so am I). I get it from Walmart for $4. It's Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i like white muscato.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Muscato...that is it. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010