If your husband told you "If you had a one nioght stand and new it was a mistake I would rather not know" would that make you think he had one?

Rianad1

Asked by Rianad1 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If it came out of the blue, then yes.... if you guys were talking about infidelity of some sort then no
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• YES ! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT !
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It would make me suspicious. It depends on how this conversation was started though. Did he just casually bring it up or were you two mentioning someone you knew with a cheating spouse.

I personally would never cheat and neither would my spouse, but I would want to know they cheated for many reasons....
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 5:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yup. UNLESS, he had a reason, like he saw a movie with this premise or a co-worker who did this or a past gf did that, etc etc. Ask him what made him think to say that. If he doesn't come out with a pretty convicing and quick answer, then he veryyyy possibly had one.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i guess it depends how he tells you their can be a sence of guilt or he might think you've done it. if my hubby were to say that i would tell him no i would tell you even if it was a mistake because i love you and i wouldnt want to lie to you. and if he feels guilty because he did something then he might tell you
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It was out of the blue, I told him I would want him to tell me cause if he did it and it was a mistake and told me we could work through it ,but if I found out after the fact I could never trust him.
    Rianad1

Comment by Rianad1 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• probably, but it also souds like he feels some kind of remorse. Don't be too hard on him. We are sexual creatures, and sometimes have a tendancy to do the wrong thing when too much sexual tension builds up. Guys want to make sure you don't fly off the handle when they start conversations like that. He obviously has something important to tell you.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 5:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would just think he really would not want to know because maybe he would not be able to get past it. Maybe he would see no postive in knowing if I knew it really was a mistake and he knew he would still want to be with me. That would be what I first thought. I would not hesitate to ask him more questions though because that is just how I am.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yep I would definitely start wondering. Does not sounds like something you would say unless there was something behind it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010