Would you prefer a baby photographer to come to your home or you come to a studio?

I need to find out if convenience is more important than variety for parents. The photo shoot I would do if I came to your home would have a few less themes, props, etc. than the baby studio at my home. What is more important?

BabyPhotos

Asked by BabyPhotos at 2:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably go in somewhere. this reminds me of an email I got. I will see if I still have this email and journal post it to my page if I do and let you know:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I had a photographer come to my house and I really was not a fan. When they come to your houe they don't have as many "props" or people to assist so you end up helping a lot and they just looking really plain, again this is MO but it could have just been the company we used. We will be going somewhere from here on out though. Good luck!
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 3:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• yesss! I still have it Check my page in a few mins to read. I will title it "making a baby"
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Honestly no offence to you, I would worry about having someone in my home. But I'm paranoid. Also I think I would rather have the props. Myself I am an amature photographer, pry not as good as you, but if I were going to do it in my home, I would pry just do it myself.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 3:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• For our clients, the only props they like are mom and dad (and siblings) bodies, and maybe something that is special to the family. Like one of our clients brought in his golf bag with his name on it. My boss propped the 2 week old (with the same name) on top of the bag. It was so sweet! Also, my boss goes to clients homes occasionally, and gets shots of the nursery, family pets, gardens etc. Things that mean something to the family. Check out her website: http://www.mcadoophoto.com
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My boss is on a first name basis with her clients. She doesn't have a big studio. We know our clients by their faces, not just their checks! We talk to them regularly on the street.
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would be more app to go to a studio. That way I dont have to worry about not having enough space..or to clean
    angieh26

Answer by angieh26 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I enjoy having the photographer come to the house. I end up having to help more, but my daughter is more comfortable at home. Plus the photographer brings all the props that we ask for. Good luck
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 4:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008