Dealing with family HELP!!!!

I just made my sister in law mad cause i told her i didnt want a room full of people while im sitting there having contractions and her answer was "well guess theres no point in me coming up there then" My family and his family together is about 15 people that want to be "at the hospital" which is fine but i dont want all this people laughing and talking while im laying there hurting!!! What should i do??

AmberLou6785

Asked by AmberLou6785 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tell them that they are free to come visit you the day after the baby is born,that you need your space for a comfortable delivery.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• let them go and just let a few in at a time like 2 tops i had the same issue they can just take turns visiting you and they can wait in the delivery room its not a big deal its your baby
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 5:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Tell them to wait in the waiting room and when you want them back you will be sure to send a nurse for them. They should respect your wishes.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Um, I've only ever allowed just my hubby in the room with me during delivery...I highly recommend it.

You can let the family hang out in the waiting room, and come laugh and congratulate you when you're in the recovery room.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• When u get to the hospital, or if u have a 'tour' before hand tell the nurse right up front who you want in the room with you, just your DH or maybe your DH and your mom/sister/whatever and SHE will make sure that those are the only people in the room when labor starts. Its nice to have people there waiting happily for the arrival of a new family member but you're right, they do NOT need to be in the room with you. Most hospitals have the policy of only 2-3 visitors at a time anyways :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• we did not tell anyone we were at the hospital until i was fixing to push. i got to 9 cm and told him to call his mom and my mom and have them call everyone. it worked out well.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Kick them all out. If they are going to be mad over something like that then they are fickle.

It's your choice who is in the room. However, there wasn't a lot of laughing when I was in labor and there were about 10 people in the room with me. They all left (except for my mom and ex) when I got to the pushing stage.

You may find that you don't mind them there when you are in labor. It kinda takes your mind off of it if there are people talking to you rather than being inward. Just a thought.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Don't tell anyone you're in labor! Tell your nurse NO VISITORS, and have your baby. When you are holding your new one, and are ready, call everyone. If someone complains, say, "oh, he just came too fast, we didn't have time to call." Best of luck!
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• She has no right to be mad . its true you dont need anyoeelse besides you hubby or mom there with you they are all crazy ! for acting that immature.
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Tell them your due date is actually two weeks later than what it is. Have your baby in peace, and call everyone when you're ready for visitors.
    Jupitery

Answer by Jupitery at 6:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010