Why am I not hungry?

I'm at 17 wks tomorrow and at my 16 wk appt the OB said I should try to gain more weight. I'm at 121 now and my norm is at about 116. So I have gained a little but not much at all. But I'm not that hungry. She said to eat 6 times a day and I know its better that way but I'm not hungry that much! I eat two mouthfulls of anything and get so full....and I never got any morning sickness or anything. And I don't feel sick at all now I'm just not hungry. Anyone experienced this or have any idea whats going on? Oh and why does cold OJ make the baby move, supposedly?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 2:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't really get hungry through my whole pregnancy. I had to make myself eat just about the entire time. Just eat as often as you can and make sure it's good food. Lots of water of course, and take your prenatals.

OJ works because it has a lot of natural sugars and strong flavor. The cold is just because your baby is right next to your stomach, so he/she can feel the cold when it hits your stomach. It's a handy trick in the 3rd trimester when the baby runs out of room and moves less!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 3:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• The OJ has simple sugars, but actually has some nutritional value, so that's why they suggest it to get the baby moving.
    When I was pregnant, I had no appetite until I was about 30 weeks. I actually lost about 10 lbs from my prepregnancy weight (I started out overweight, though, so my doctor wasn't worried). At 30 weeks, I made up for those "no appetite" weeks! Just make sure that when you eat, you are making your calories count, as far as vitamins and minerals, and keeping the saturated fats and simple carbs in check. Don't forget to take your prenatal vitamins, too!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008