how much would you charge to babysit a 2 yar old.

f you have a 2 year old of your own adn a 4 month old. also you have to provide food snacks and everything for the 2 year old that you are babysitting

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would say figure out how many hours and charge one price. That's about 53 hours for 5 days I would say $5 dollars an hour or $150. 00 for the 5 days.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am charged $4/hour for my 1st child and only $2 more for my 3 month old. ($6/hour is an awesome price!!) HOWEVER, if I were to run a daycare - I would charge $5.00/hr per child.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I pay my babysitter 8 dollars an hour for watching, playing and feeding my 3 y old and 1 y old in my house. I provide the food, I even prepare the food, I change diapers and occasionally I help her out. She also brings her 5 month old to my house during this time. I work from home btw.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 6:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I guess it really depends on where you live and the length of time...I watch my GF's 2 kids and they come to me food and diapers and all, I have 2 of my own and am expecting a 3rd and she gives me 8.50 an hour in my house!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Every damn penny my DH makes!!! Oh, you meant someone else's 2 yr old. Sorry, just having fun. I don't think I would sit (on a regular basis) for less than 6 otr7/hr. But that depends...is the a sort of favor to the Mom in need, or a simple business arrangement? Can't really expect her to pay an increased amount for the fact that you also have to watch your own kids, but if tis is something she has to do with no other options, I would price based upon your desire to do this being as compassionate as possible to her needs and budget.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 6:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If you want to check out what sitters charge in your area you can look at www.care.com. You will see childcare providers and those looking for care. Hourly rates are posted. Search by zipcode.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It depends on how long you have to keep him,and what all u have to do.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• im babisitting him 5 days a week from about 8 in the morning to about 630pm. i provide the food and snacks because she doesnt bring anything to eat for baby juice milk everything basically.
    Alejandra10

Comment by Alejandra10 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010