Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

what is going on?! Help!

I was artifically inseminated july 18th, august 3rd i went in for blood work and for the first time i was told i was pregnate (this was my third try). They told me my number was 84 (anything over 25 is pregnate) and i was to come back on august 9th to see what my number is. (its supost to double every other day) so later that day they called and said it was 356 which wasnt as high as they wanted it to be, but claimed i could have had a vanishing twin and to come back for blood work on the 11th. So today i gave blood and the number was 485 again they told me it should be higher! now i have to go in on friday the 13th to give blood...if the number doesnt sky rocket they want to give me a shot to disolve my pregnacy :( I havent bled or anything sence july 3rd. i dont know what is going on and they dont seem to want to give out any pregnate but not as pregnate as they want me to be? someone please help me thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by rolisha at 6:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • i would NOT get that shot.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • This is the first time for me and i dont know what to do....whats wrong with the fetus that they want to disolve it? I havent even had a vaginal ultrasound to see where it is or anything

    Comment by rolisha (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • hmmm I always thought pregnate was pregnate..... Could you find a doctor for a second opinion?

    Answer by browningmom at 6:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • i left a msg with my family doctor and will get a call back tomorrow....i was doing this through a fertility specialist and than would have been sent over to a OBGYN after we seen a heart beat but they just want to term it because of the number isnt increasing the way they want....idk what to do

    Comment by rolisha (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • I would absolutly try and find a second opinion. Or kick and scream until the doctors cant stand it any more and finally tell me exactly what I want to hear and answer my questions....Remeber your paying them, don't let them keep putting you off, get your answers.

    Answer by Finkette at 6:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • I agree second opinion and don't take no for an answer!!!! Numbers are one thing but a real fetus in another!

    Answer by BobbieJo286 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • If it were me I would refuse the shot and go get a second opinion. Good luck

    Answer by pinkie8986 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • I would NOT get that should. I would demand a second opinion and wait atleast a couple weeks to see what happens!

    Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • I would not get the shot and demand an ultrasound to see the baby. you might have what iscalled a blighted ovum in which the amniotic sac develops, but the baby does not. They owe you a reasonable explanation for wanting to give you a shot to dissolve the embryo and a ultrasound confirmation that there is no heartbeat. it's still pretty early to tell what exactly is going on.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • Do you mean "pregnant"? I'm confused....

    Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.