How many children do you think one family should have or do you think the sky is the limit?

I'm tired of people telling me I have too many kids... I have 4, and wouldn't trade em for anything in this world. In your opinion how many children should one family have? If you saw a mom in the grocery store with her kids, you don't know her at all, how many kids would she have to make you say WOW! she has alot of kids?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think more than six is alot today. Even if you can afford a large family, money isn't always the issue. Children need love, time and attention.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I feel it's non of my business how many children other families have as long as they can provide for their needs. This includes providing financially for them as well as enough love and attention for each child.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The sky is the limit. We are TTC #6!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I D K my neighbor has 10 kids. I think that is a lot. However she can handle it. My other neighbor has seven she tried to keep it at six but two came for the price of one. Oh well. She is fine with it. So I don't really ever think that there is too many. It is how the parents feel that matters. Not what the neighbors think!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• To each their own. If you can afford to keep them happy and healthy, then have as many as you want. If you are on Welfare, I don't think it's right to keep having babies.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 6:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• 1. to each their own..
    2. as long as you can afford them! (I understand alot face hardships & need it for a while.. that OK thats what its there for.. but some people will life off assistance and just keep having 1 kid after the other.. )
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Personally, I am having number 3, and think it's to many! But nature apparently didn't. I'm a fan of ONE, two at most... But I have a friend with 6 who is perfectly happy that way. Her kids are happy and healthy and she is a great mom... I think IF the parents are willing and able to have a ton of kids, and willing to care for them properly, the sky is the limit. But I think each parent needs to evaluate what the limit is for them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• well first of all I don't think 4 is too many! If you can take care of them all I think the more the merrier. Who is anyone else to step into anyone elses business. I hate that people feel they can decide how many kids they think is reasonable. Both of my parents have 4 siblings and most of their extended family has large families. I love family reunions because there are so many people. My grandpa was one of 13 kids, and he was raised well.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm the eldest of 7 and my moms the youngest of 7. I'm used toa big family. I say you can have as many as you can afford to have. We struggled a little when I was a child and I don't wish that on anyone. If you can afford it, and god allows it, you can have 50 if you'd like.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• As many as you can afford, I guess! And have the time, energy, and drive to raise properly. The Duggars have 19 and they seem to be doing okay. I only birthed one child, and that is enough for me!

What I can't stand is ppl like my SIL--on PA, refuses to work, but keeps having kids and bragging that Medicaid pays for their deliveries, etc..
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 6:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010