Going out of town, leaving baby Need a will?

We are going out of town in a few weeks on an "adult" only trip. We are leaving our 6 month old with family. We have not had a chance to make a will in case something happens to my husband and I. Does anyone know of a "temporary" will that I can get online?

Camrynsmommy81

Asked by Camrynsmommy81 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, you def. need a will. I think they are important trip or not. I would call a lawyer and ask for further assistance on a temp. one.
    Brennensmommy

Answer by Brennensmommy at 9:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• The most important thing to leave with the baby is a "Permission to Treat" form. This will allow your relatives to get quick medical help for the baby in an emergency without having to track you down first. You can find examples online - it's a simple 1 page form.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Here is a living will link: http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/books/Livin.PDF

Be sure to have it notarized.
    tburnett1105

Answer by tburnett1105 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• a living will is a dnr form. just thought you would like to know that.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2008