Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going out of town, leaving baby Need a will?

We are going out of town in a few weeks on an "adult" only trip. We are leaving our 6 month old with family. We have not had a chance to make a will in case something happens to my husband and I. Does anyone know of a "temporary" will that I can get online?

Answer Question

Asked by Camrynsmommy81 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Yes, you def. need a will. I think they are important trip or not. I would call a lawyer and ask for further assistance on a temp. one.

    Answer by Brennensmommy at 9:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

  • The most important thing to leave with the baby is a "Permission to Treat" form. This will allow your relatives to get quick medical help for the baby in an emergency without having to track you down first. You can find examples online - it's a simple 1 page form.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

  • Here is a living will link:

    Be sure to have it notarized.

    Answer by tburnett1105 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

  • a living will is a dnr form. just thought you would like to know that.

    Answer by princezzmommie at 12:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.