Do you plan your dinner menus for the entire week at the beginning of the week? Do you stick to those plans or just fix what ever?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I try to plan, but things change on a daily basis during the summer months. Kids coming and going, activities popping up with friends and family. I am OK with it. I don't stress it. Summer is fun for me and my kids.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i make out a list of 14 dinners and plan accordingly with the grocery list. i shop every 2 weeks. sometimes it doesn't always stay to exact plan. but i love having everything planned so that there is no guessing. i always get some quick meals, like frozen pizza's or some kind of frozen stir fry meal in case something comes up.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 6:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I plan meals, and shop weekly. I also double and freeze recipes for days when I might not have time to cook. I am somewhat flexible with the menu, but try to use the ingredients I have on hand.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I plan a weeks worth of casseroles or will cook a roast beef, ham, chicken based meal that can be reheated on demand. I will also "wing it" on demand!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I do only because its alot easier when i go grocery shopping. We dont have to eat them on certain nights, but i come up with a weeks worth of dinners and lunches when i go grocery shopping!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 6:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I never plan.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I plan around sales instead of throwing away money on individual ingredients to make specific recipes for the week. Since that lends itself to being more freeform, I have an idea of what we'll have, but it's not set in stone. My menu looks more like: ground turkey, whole chicken, pork roast, and ideas for 8 or 9 meals based on those ingredients and the leftovers, plus whatever produce was on sale and what I already have frozen. I may decide to not use one at all, freeze it, and take out the pot roast in the freezer instead. Our options are far less limited since we already have any basic ingredients we need to make just about anything in the house.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I plan meals, sometimes they change, but I find that less food goes bad and it's cheaper if I stick to it, so I try to stick to it :-)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I shop weekly and keep a fully stocked freezer and pantry. I decide daily what will be served, mostly based on season and work schedule. If I am working an 8 hour day, I get off at 3 and there's plenty of time to cook. A 12 work day means a crock-pot meal or something previously made and frozen. A four hour 3-7PM shift allows me to make the dish before I leave home. On non -work days, the sky's the limit.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I go through what we have before shopping and then make a list to have at least 6 dinner choices from what we have and what I am purchasing. If something is on sale, I can change or add to the options. If we have things in the freezer or fridge that need to be used, I star those on the list so I know that we are using them for sure. I don't do breakfast or lunch menus, it seems like I always spend more when I do since we have a lot of leftovers for lunches.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010