Does anyone else find it amusing when a believer...

...asks a question, doesn't like the answer, sideways accuses you of being deviant, immoral, and in some way bringing in the antichrist for not believing what they do... THEN, quickly answer and close out the question?

I would love to see them actually defend their accusations for once.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 7:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would love to see them actually defend their accusations for once.

But then they would have to admit that they don't really have a logical answer to the answers they get from non-believers. They just want to get the "Amen, sister." and god-is-great crap. They don't know what to say to the truth.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I find it hysterical actually. I have the belief that if you don't really want to hear the answer, don't be dumb enough to ask the question. It kinda falls in line with the becareful what you wish for.... and wishing doesn't make it so...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree. I think they post questions just to stroke their egos, end up disappointed and feeling stupid when people don't agree with them and close the question in order to escape that uncomfortable feeling.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I asked a kind of like this question earlier...I hate the deleting mommas. And a few got all defensive about being able to delete. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I saw the question you are talking about. A Christian woman just wanted to talk about an author who wrote about miracles. ObbyDobbie, I thought your response was incredibly rude and uncalled for. You came into her question, contributed nothing of value, and proceeded to ridicule her beliefs. Is this the tolerance and respect we are constantly being lectured about here? Even by CM standards, that was in very poor taste.

I will answer your original question now. No, I am not amused by the people who post here. I like to think that we can talk (and even disagree) like adults. I don't even know what else to say to you about the way you treated her. You got yourself on my prayer list.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• HINT: There are two here. They don't "get" your question.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yeah it is amusing. Part of the reason I stick around this section... the entertainment factor from some of the posts. Sometimes it's pure gold. You just can't write this stuff. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm with Iamgr8teful don't have anything to add.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yeah, but it happens in all areas... Not just here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Haven't seen that yet
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010