Ever have a time when you fear the phone ringing because you know its going to be bad news?

My Grandma is in REALLY bad shape,and her doctor says her next fainting spell could be the one to take her life. She's been having mini strokes and heart attacks for the past month.Amazingly as of today,she's still mobile. She's gonna be scrappy til her last breath! Everytime my phone rings,my heart skips a beat because I fear its THAT call.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Aw. I am sorry about your worry. Yes I've had those times when I was afraid when the phone rang. One was when my dad was very sick and we debated on whether to go ahead on our trip to Hawaii that we'd been planning for over a year. We did go, and when we arrived and went to our room at the hotel, the phone was blinking. I looked at my husband in dismay, and he muttered "Well that didn't take long." I reluctantly picked up the phone, and it was just a message from housekeeping. Dad lived another few years. :)

Answer by Bmat at 7:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I am so sorry. I've been scared to get phone calls because someone may be hurt but never was I about to get a phone call where a loved one dies.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• YES, especially, in the Middle of the Night! I am So Sorry about your Grandma-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry about your grandma. My Dad got sick in Feb and went into the hospital, the first couple of days werent bad, we thought he would recover, then he had to be put on a ventilater. I hated hearing the phone ring bc i knew it was bad. Then 2 weeks after he went into the hospital (was on a ventilater a week) he decided he wanted to come home on Hospice. The night he came home he almost died before they even got him off the gurney (brought home by ambulance). After that I was jumpy everytime the phone rang. I knew it was going to happen. It was just a matter of time. There was 4 times I got the call that he wasnt breathing or wasnt responding, (I lived next door). He passed away after being home on Hospice for 9 days. So yea I know what you mean, its scary. I hope for the best for your Grandma. I'll be praying for her.
    maddoxsmama

Answer by maddoxsmama at 7:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes same here with my grandma. Her health is failing fast and her doctor said she might not live another year. I don't want my grandma to die, she raised me from the time I was born till I hit junior high. I'm sorry about your grandma.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I got that call when my daddy was in a nursing home. And when my cousin died,my aunt,and a very close Co-workers
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yes!!!! omg i knw you mean
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yes i know what you mean
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010