How to become an almost perfect housewife?

I want to be a perfect housewife but I know nothings perfect so I'll settle for almost perfect. I overheard my MIL talking about me on the phone calling me lazy, irresponsible and everything else. She said i'd never last as a housewife and should be running away in no time. Did I mention that she is the one that suuggested to my DH that I stay home with the children, since we already have 2 and I'm pregnant with #2. So I want to prove her wrong and be the best darn HW I can be. Only thing is, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Do I have to cook every meal every day? Laundry is a giving, I do that. And obviously caring for the children. Do HW's have a schedule? If so what's yours like? Do you wake up an hour or 2 earlier? Just wondering.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• how to be a perfect housewife? labotomy.
    there is no such thing and you MIL is a catty bitch, sorry. If I overheard my MIL saying those things about me, I would use every opportunity to say things around her like"whll because YOU know how lazy I am" or"Well since YOU know how irresponsible I am" then go on to make casual conversation. watch her head spina nd when she says"honey dont say that about yourself" look at her and say "why? you did" and walk away. i would also be telling my DH about his mom and her mouth.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• HAHAHAHAHAHA... I would tell your MIL to kiss my domestic A$$!! You do what you feel is best for your family. NO, you don't have to cook everyday, and yes you have a job, it's being a good Mom and wife, but no ones even near perfect. Stop worrying about her, and look after your family, and YOURSELF!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yep,you have to be up at 4 so when your SO's alarm goes off you're standing there in full makeup and heels with his paper and slippers!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You need to find a schedule that works for you.
    Make a list of things that need to be done daily, weekly, bi weekly, monthly, etc. Then make a schedule. This schedule does not have to be set in stone, as you will have doctors appointments etc, but if you make a schedule weekly, it'll help.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well, if you try to do what she would consider perfect then you'll have to step back a few years in time and do everything the "old fashioned way"! If you keep your house clean, your kids are taken care of, you have healthy well balanced meals and your DH is happy then you will be "almost perfect". After all, your DH and Kids happy are what matters, so do what will make them and you happy, not your MIL.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Think of yourself as a homemaker and whatever you and DH think makes a happy home can be your goal. Be realistic. If you, your children, and your DH are happy don't worry about what others think. Different stroke for different folks. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• but I agree with what others are saying--do what you need to do for you. Otherwise, ignore the B*tch.
    layh41407

• No one is perfect, tell your MIL to get a life!
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 7:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hon no one is perfect....
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i dont know if i'm anywhere near perfect but i keep the house clean and decently tidy. (i always try to be company ready) i cook dinner just about every night. i also have an awesome man who helps me keep up with the house, instead of complaining something is not clean he will just do it himself. and i try to be dressed and stuff when he comes home from work.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010