What are some obscure Christmas movies you love?

Bumping up the movie collection and looking for some new Christmas movies. We have all of the usuals but I'm looking for some we probably haven't seen. We already have the following:
Home Alone (1 & 2)
Elf
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
White Christmas
It's a Wonderful Life
Mixed Nuts
A combo with Santa Clause is Coming to Town, Frosty & Rudolph
Christmas with the Cranks
Surviving Christmas
The Holiday
Love Actually
Veggie Tales The Christmas Star
and
Christmas Shoes

Off the top of my head, anyway. ;-) What else should we have?

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 7:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• The Year Without a Santa Claus (that's the one with Heat Miser)
    the Rankin and Bass Jack Frost (not the creepy Michael Keaton movie)
    Polar Express
    This Christmas
    There were also several Muppet ones, and my favorite I don't know if it ever was re-released on dvd or not - it's A Muppet Family Christmas - the last one Jim Henson was in before he died.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Polar express, the grinch, Christmas story and frosty...Oh and rudolph lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i like nightmare before christmas.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• " Christmas Shoes" is my Favorite! It has some Sad parts in it but- You will remember What Christmas is All About! I love the Book & the Song Too!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sorry- i didn't see it on your list!
    daisyb

• There are two that I know of. The first is called "A period of adjustment" with a very young Jane Fonda. It is about a young newlywed who come to visit an old war buddy. The male newlywed, who stared in another classic, "Where the boys are" married a nurse who took care of him while he recovered from war wounds. Jane Fonda played the nurse. The person they went to see was having a difficult time with rich in laws who do not approve of their daughters choice of a husband. It all works out fine, but it is based around Christmas gifts that the in laws want back. The second, I cannot remember the name of it. It is about a small diner in the desert who hangs a large star on their sign to attract customers. A couple comes in for a room, and the wife is in labor. They have no rooms, but offer their own beds for the wife. As the customers come in, they are all told about the baby coming, some give the baby gifts.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• All I Want for Christmas is good! And Prancer! You can't forget Prancer! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh and i love a christmas carol with jim carey
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Some give up their extra blankets to the baby. Then a homeless man comes in and asks for a cup of coffee. The owner is put out by the baby and all of the people who have found this remote diner. Then the owner of the diner realizes that he has been given much, and tells the homeless man to sit down, and he feeds him a full meal. You never do see the baby, but the entire movie, all 2 hours, takes place over Christmas Eve to Christmas morning. The star that they put up on the sign has difficulty staying lit. Once the baby comes, the star stays lit. Such an amazing story. I will try and find the name. These are the types of movies I find as Christmas Classics.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have a really odd one on dvd. "Martians who kidnapped Santa" Wow, off the page weird.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010