Will it work?

I guess this is making national news now. The incumbent Dem congressman from a district near us has been running this ad on tv here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raCMPcwzcGQ

It's directly distancing himself from Pelosi and Obama. Whether or not he's re-elected doesn't directly impact me, since he's not our congressman, but it brings up an interesting question - he's not a blue dog dem. He voted for HCR, and is usually a smile and nod Washington Dem - this ad is out of character for him and his voting record. If he does manage to squeak through the election, will he be essentially neutered after making this kind of statement against the old school party?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think most Dems are running for cover. I don't vote the party but the person. I think any incumbents are in trouble. I think people, in general, are sick and tired of the spend, spend, spend theory that DC has us going in. If you are interested in politics, there is a great group called "Smart Girls Politics", yes we do allow men in, but it is a group of Mom's who want a better life for their children, then what they see going on now.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 8:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't know why, but I find it funny. LOL

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 8:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• wow.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I never had much of a fondness for politicians who say and do what they THINK their voters want to see and hear! The fact that he is pulling this hypocritical, self-serving, stunt, when his voting record says otherwise, means he should be sent packing as well.

However, like most other politicians, he's banking on the short-term memory of his voters, many of whom cannot be bothered with researching his record/platform.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I watched it, but he never says what State or district he is running for? Where is this?

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 8:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• He's the congressman for the 2nd district of Indiana (around St. Joe county where Notre Dame is)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I just thinking he woke up and realized Obama is an idiot, and he must run away to save face.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The one in Texas is doing the same thing but I think it is a gov race. He is bad news for re election now.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He's saying what he thinks he needs to in order to get re-elected.

He is being a politicain

Its the same as the republicans voting against the stimulus, demonizing it...then first in line for the handout....and ADVERTISING what THEY did with the money

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010