Does Your Husband Ever Grocery Shop For You By

Himself ? My husband has started to go with me a lot because he likes to cook. In Jan. when my back got bad he had to go by himself all the time. When I had back surgery in March he had to go all the time until about 2 weeks ago and he's pretty good at now, coupons and all. Does anyone else's husbands shop alone, if not why not? I'm so spoiled I don't even want to go alone anymore, but my back's not quite ready for that yet anyway.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• My boyfriend grocery shops by himself sometimes but most of the time, I'M the one that wants to go with him. We both like shopping and cooking so it joys us in a way, plus we get to spend time together and who doesn't like that? lol. If he needs something while he's at work, I usually get him to leave me a note of what to get him. We spoil eachother. :)
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I won't even let my husband shop WITH me. He is worse than any child. He throws anything in the cart that he wants. We used to spend a good $50 more per trip if he came then if I went alone. He is banned from grocery shopping.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My husband is the shopper of the house. He clips coupons every Sunday. He plans weekly shopping trips to 2 grocery stores to catch the sales. He does the back to school shopping, cloths shopping, holiday shopping, birthday shopping. You name it he shops for it. Sometimes he'll ask me to stop by somewhere after work to pick something up. But he has always been the shopper. I hate shopping.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• He stops by the grocery store several times a week to save me a trip.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes when my husband is in port he goes by himself with no problem...i think bc he feels bad for leaving but work for me!!!
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My husband actually prefers to do ALL the grocery shopping, AND take our boys with him...ALONE!!

I guess it helps to marry a man who was used to fending for himself for 15 years prior to us meeting and marrying! LOL :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes...for which I am extremely grateful. I honestly hate going shopping..and it is hard with 2 special need kids. Often he will stop off at Costco or wherever after work and pick up stuff that I need. We are very lucky aren't we...I mean a guy who loves to shop?? That is something:) I'm so thankful for such a wonderful helpful hubby!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• no he always gets the wrong stuff or forgets things
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my husband loves to shop by himself, he says it gives him some sense of stability of doing this. he gets everything and I mean everything from grocery to female products, he is not ashame either.
    totomamma

Answer by totomamma at 10:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes.. My husband is a great cook...Now he ALWAYS forgets the coupons..lol... and other things we dont need end up in the cart..lol... especially if our daughter goes with him.. but he has no problem grocery shopping:)
    Lilysmommy1120

Answer by Lilysmommy1120 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010