How does vanilla extract help teething? And how you give it to LO?

JLC_Mommy

Asked by JLC_Mommy at 8:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I haven't heard of this. All I can think of is that the alcohol would help numb the gum or make the baby drowsy. I think I'd call the doctor before using something like this.

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i have used it & it works- BUT.......... i would not give it to your LO b/c it has alot of Alchol & it STUNG really bad- even diluted- i would try Baby Absol instead-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have never heard of that! Like PP said, it contans alcohol which I guess is why someone would say that.

I am a huge fan of Hylands Teething Tablets!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We have teething tablets, and ibuprofen he hasnt started teething yet I just wanna be prepared
    JLC_Mommy

Comment by JLC_Mommy (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I used hylands teething tablets w/ both of mine and loved them! Got them @ Walmart, not expensive at all.

I guess w/ the vanilla, you would rub it on the gums, but I've only heard of Brandy being used that way........
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't know how it works, but it does. It tastes terrible, but will numb toothache pain almost instantly and keep it away for quite a while. I would ask your ped before using it for your LO, though.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010