Need help with this!

My dd is 21 months old and is daytime potty trained. But whenever she goes pee pee, she has to put her hand down and feel the pee coming out....how do i get her to stop this or will she out grow it. i have tried telling her it is yucky. And i really don't want to smack her hands while she is on the potty cause i don't want to discourage her from using the potty. I always get her to wash her hands after she has finished doing her pee. any ideas on how i can get her to stop Putting her hands down there while she is peeing?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my niece did that and we had her brush her teeth while going pee, and that worked good
    mustanggrl74

Answer by mustanggrl74 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Hold her hands on her lap as she goes.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• she will scream, and hold her pee, i have tried that :)
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• No idea how to help. My DS is 18 mos, no where near potty trained, lol. But if he walks in on his brothers going pee - he sticks his hand in it while it's coming out. He's also fascinated with feeling running water. Go figure.
    Good luck! Congrats on the daytime potty trained!
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 9:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Will she hold an object as she sits there? A book perhaps?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i always gave my kids books to look at. but then again i gave my kids books all the time.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• nope, i have tried that as well, she tries to push it down into the toilet and pee on it as well...lol
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sounds odd but maybe get her a small jar of bubbles and see if she can blow bubbles for longer than she pottys? It would be something totally out of the norm and it would keep both hands busy. I don't know!! lol
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010