What are some good marketing/advertising tools?

My boss wants me to help her with marketing/advertising. I work at a Learning Center which offers childcare and preschool, as well as tutoring after school and on Saturday and camps for school age kids during school breaks and the summer. Right now, they mainly use Craigslist and they offer specials that they advertise on their sign out front. Any suggestions?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• posters for bulletin boards at restaurants and business cards
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• See if you can swap advertising with a local pizza delivery service. Or if they will put flyers on their pizza boxes. Chances are families are using the pizza service.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have some free classified sites listed in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work- Free Classifieds

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Is there a local parenting magazine? Or any "where to go" family websites? How about doing a joint marketing event with a children's museum or a pediatric dentist?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The afterschool program my daughter attended always did events with neighborhood schools.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The key to growing any kind of business is to have a weekly, monthly or periodic newsletter that you can continually promote products or services. I use and highly recommend GetResponse. It's free to start and then the more subscribers you get the more they charge.. but still very inexpensive. They have beautiful templates and it's a GREAT way to keep in touch with potential customers.

For example, if you did events at local schools and such.. have a sign up form or a giveaway and add them to the subscriber list.  As it grows.. so does business!

imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 9:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2010