Any doulas, midwives, or lactation consultants out there?

How did you get to where you are now (school, training, etc.)? Are you happy with it?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am a certified doula and a certified lactation counselor but I have not practiced in about 8 or 9 years. My doula practice was more of a hobby for me, as I have been a single mother since my son was born (he's 17 now) and my career as an HR Director pays a whole lot more than being a doula does. I do miss it though, some of the most amazing and spiritually beautiful moments of my life were by the side of a client bringing a new life into the world. Sigh....
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My sister is a nurse/midwife. She has a nursing degree (RN) from a hospital program, a BS in nursing, and a Masters in Midwifery. She is also a certified diabetes educator, a Red Cross CPR instructor, and a bunch of other things.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• good question because i am in nursing school now and i am looking into the field of midwifery
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010