Six month old????

My six month old baby boy is 20.10 pounds and 29 inches long, he is not really fat just long but he is starting to get a little chub on him. Is there anyone else that has a baby this big so young? His pedi said he is well proportioned so he is not concerned but it bothers me. He seriously eats every three hours even through out the night. He just popped through his two bottom teeth and i dont want him to get baby bottle tooth decay, i dont put him to bed with a bottle i just wake up every three hours with him to feed him. Me and his dad tried to give him his pacifier thinking he will forget about the bottle but he doesn't and screams bloody murder until a bottle is in his mouth. Has anyone done anything to try and stop their baby's from eating every three hours through the night like possible trying to warm some water in a bottle and tricking their mind or anything i am very concerned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't be concerned... He is growing, and he will tell you when he has had enough. If his Pedi is not concerned then don't worry about it. 20lbs is not so big. My DS is 18lbs and he just turned 6 months. My son doesnt eat so much at night. He usually sleeps through but lately he has been teething very badly and he has been super cranky. Teething is the worst!

Don't stress yourself momma. Baby is fine and thriving and healthy! :)
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 9:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't worry to much about the weight of your baby my oldest was a chubby little baby but once she started moving began to thin out.. as for the bottle thing i gave my son room tempture water for bed.. but if you are worried about brush his teeth in the morning they have "swallowable" tooth paste for babies and toodlers
    motherfirefly1

Answer by motherfirefly1 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son is huge...he was still taking a nighttime feeding at 8 mo. He just recently (9 mo.) started sleeping through the night. You'll find starting solids will help. Let him eat as much as he wants! And get some meat in his diet sooner than later...he obviously needs the protein! Go to www.homemadebabyfood.com for some great recipes.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I actually have the opposite problem, my 7 month old is TINY! She is 13lbs 6oz and 26 inches long. But as far as your LO's eating habits causing tooth decay, just clean the teeth with a wet washcloth or finger brush once a day, every day. Toothpaste is not necessary, just water will do fine at this point. As long as his length and weight percentiles are close in number, there really isn't any concern of being over weight.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Try not to worry! My first son was like that and my second is on the exact same path. He is about to turn 6 months and he has got to be close to 20 pounds. My first son slowed down at about 1 1/2 and grew at a slower pace since then. Just clean his little teeth as you would your own, int the morning, mid-day and night and continue to get up to feed him yourself. I know it is hard, i breastfeed mine so I am up too, but eventually your little man will sleep! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My four month old is pushing 20lbs right now and he's about 28 or 29 inches long (we couldn't get him to stay still for a measurement) yes he's a little chubby but babies are supposed to have a little bit of chub on them they have next to no muscle. They build up fat and gain a ton of weight in the first year, it's normal My two year old weighed 30lbs at his one year check up and now a year later he's only 35lbs which for his height is on the skinnier side. Don't worry to much about it, feed the baby when he's hungry and DO NOT try and trick the little guy with warm water.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yeah - my daughter is 4 months - 20lbs & 28 inches - she sleeps through the night but otherwise wants 6 ounces every 3 hours through the day - i don't want it to sound bad but but give your baby a little baby tylenol and see if it helps him sleep longer during the night - it may just be needing to break the habit now - i'm NOT an expert though - good luck!!
    newmama321

Answer by newmama321 at 2:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010